Things to keep in mind when hiring tax agents in Hervey Bay
If you are looking for tax agents in Hervey Bay you need to be well prepared. You have got to thoroughly research the tax agent because they would be handling critical and crucial information about you. This is why you should be wary of who you should hire to help you with the tax audit.
The following are some of the tips which would help you find the right tax agent in Hervey Bay:
- Get as many referrals as you can. Be sure to ask around the relatives, friends, neighbors or co-workers who you think you can trust in the community for referrals. Referrals are one of the easiest ways of finding tax agents in Hervey Bay.
- Don’t forget to verify their credentials. There are many certified professional accountants who specialize in taxes but not all of them are tax agents. There are certain state licensing rules which include several examinations and experience requirements which distinguish a tax agent from any other accountant.
- Be on the lookout for consumer complaints. If there are any complaints which have been filed against the tax agent have they been able to resolve it successfully? Have they got any lawsuits filed against them. These are just one or two questions which you need to ask to make sure that you are hiring the right person for the job.
- Make sure that you interview all potential candidates. When you have the reference do follow on those and get the information about each tax agent. When you meet them ask them about their area of expertise. The number of years they have been in business and whether they would be able to give time to your tax requirements.
- Get to know how they would bill you. Initially not all of them would be able to tell you about the cost which it would take to prepare the tax returns but they definitely can show you the basics fee structure. Whether it is an hourly or a flat rate you would be given an estimate based on there assessment of your issues.
- Get to know whether the tax agent would be the one preparing no returns or would they be acquiring the help of others to prepare it. If they have a team who works under them would they be able to review it and sign it for you. Whether they outsource their work or they only let the internal staff handle all matters?
- Do not forget to ask them for information about the whole security process. Do they take special measures for protecting their clients personal and financial information? How many people would have access to information whether the data would be encrypted and how they would protect the data against any security breaches.
- Last but not the least do confirm whether they have an IRS PTIN. All tax agents require the above-mentioned which they have to include along with their signature when they are filing the returns of their clients. This number is renewed every year.
Keeping these things in mind would help you find the right accounting services and tax agent in Hervey Bay.